Since launching in late 2014, Routes North has grown to become the go-to resource for info on independent travel in Sweden, Finland, Norway, Iceland and Denmark, attracting more than 160,000 users every month.
Our aim is to show readers that the Nordic countries really can be affordable to visit, despite what you may have read elsewhere.
With the number of tourists increasing every year and a worldwide fascination with Scandinavian culture, it’s a fun time to be working in the region.
Would you like to join our growing team? We’d love to hear from you!
Are you passionate about the Nordic countries and an expert in crafting engaging digital content? We’re seeking a freelance WordPress editor with a deep understanding of Scandinavia to join our team. If you’re a skilled editor with experience on large content sites and know how to captivate an audience through creative content, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
- Editing new posts
- Updating and fact-checking existing posts
- Optimising posts and pages for conversions
- Tracking key metrics and using insights to plan editorial output
- Preparing content for publication within WordPress
- Strong track record of improving engagement through high-quality, creative content
- In-depth understanding of content scheduling and managing editorial calendars
- Experience working with freelance contributors to ensure quality and consistency
- Solid grasp of on-page SEO principles and strategies to enhance content visibility
- A good understanding of the Nordic countries and Scandinavian culture, ideally with proficiency in at least one Nordic language
Do you know Scandinavia? Would you like to work for a travel website that does things a little differently? If so, come and say hej!
We’re looking for freelance writers to help expand our coverage in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland. If you’re an experienced writer who is mad about all things Nordic and can help us deliver entertaining and informative content on the region, we’re keen to hear from you.
Please note that you must be based in one of the Nordic countries and have relevant writing experience.