General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Routes North needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Routes North permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Routes North’s legitimate interests
- Routes North needs to comply with the law
Routes North follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics.
The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks.
These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and web beacons
Third-Party Privacy Policies
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Routes North does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
What other information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make enquiries about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or enquiry. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
If you choose to list an event or tour with us we will collect details such as your name, contact details and details regarding the product you wish to offer.
We may ask your consent to use your name, SMS, phone number(s) and postal address to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
We may also ask your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third-party companies so that they can tell you about their products and services.
Who will we share your information with?
We may share your information with:
- other sections of Routes North Ltd and third-party service providers;
- tour guides and tour operators (if you are using our website to find a tour booking);
- our preferred insurance provider(s) (if you purchase travel insurance);
- other third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services, for example, car hire companies and other suppliers;
- Other third parties with your consent as set out above
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
You have the right to ask us at any time:
- to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests; and
- to stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below.
Routes North Ltd
71-75 Shelton Street
Registered in the UK
This document was last updated on May 24, 2018